Here is a list of common questions about the BoardBox. If you already have the BoardBox or are planning on purchasing it and haven’t found an answer to your question, feel free to fill out this form and we will answer you as soon as possible.
- What is the BoardBox and what does it do?
- I am not strong in electronics. Will I be able to calibrate and use the BoardBox?
- What is the accuracy of the BoardBox?
- The BoardBox sits close to the gutter and I fear a bowling ball can hit it?
- How long is the battery life on one charge?
- How much time do I need to charge the BoardBox?
- When is the BoardBox available for sale?
- Are there any restrictions for operation of the BoardBox?
- Q: What is the BoardBox and what does it do?
A: The BoardBox is an electronic self-contained unit with a wide set of various settings. The BoardBox is a small box with sensors, buttons of management and two displays. It is intended for training in ten-pin bowling. The main mission of the BoardBox – display the number of the board on which the ball passes the device in real time. The BoardBox can be placed between a pair of lanes at any distance. Suction cups on the bottom of the device allow it to be placed on the Capping between any pair of lanes. Usually, the device is placed at the Arrows or Breakpoint of a lane. ↑
- Q: I am not strong in electronics. Will I be able to calibrate and use the BoardBox?
A: The BoardBox is very simple and easy to use. There are only 3 buttons for operation and calibration. Before the first use, the BoardBox needs to be calibrated. Calibration process is easy and takes only few minutes. Once calibrated, the BoardBox can be used at the same bowling center without needing additional calibration. If taken to a different center, the BoardBox may need to be calibrated if the distances and heights change. ↑
- Q: What is the accuracy of the BoardBox?
A: The BoardBox uses high quality sensors with only 3 mm (0.12 in) precision. Therefore it is common to speak that the accuracy of the BoardBox is 1 Board when properly calibrated. ↑
- Q: The BoardBox sits close to the gutter and I fear a bowling ball can hit it?
A: No. If a ball goes into the gutter before crossing the BoardBox it will go underneath the sensors and not touch. The BoardBox is designed to be a similar width as the capping so a ball would not hit it from normal bowling. ↑
- Q: How long is the battery life on one charge?
A: The BoardBox is equipped with high capacity Li-Ion rechargeable batteries. Once charged, the device can work about 40 hours. This means that with common usage of (2 hours/3 days a week) it will work more than one month on one charge. The device has a “low battery” indicator on it to let you know when it needs charged. ↑
- Q: How much time do I need to charge the BoardBox?
A: Normal charging time is 6~8 hours. This means you can charge it at night to be ready for use the next day. ↑
- Q: When is the BoardBox available for sale?
A: The BoardBox is in stock and ready to ship anywhere in the world. They can be ordered from many bowling distributors or at the following link: https://shop.jayhawkbowling.com/BoardBox-15-5000-15-5000.htm ↑
- Q: Are there any restrictions for operation of the BoardBox?
A: The BoardBox can be used at any bowling center with normal capping. For a stable and accurate operation of the device it should be placed no less than 5 meters (~16 ft) from walls or columns on its sensor side. With present firmware we can guarantee a very accurate showing of the target area or breakpoint. ↑
- Q: …
A: … ↑
First presentation of device, May 2016