To use BOARDBOX you don’t have to have any special skills. Just put it on capping between two bowling lanes in place where you want to track your ball. It can be either the target point or the break point.
The device is very easy and quick to install.
- the device shows the board of the breakpoint (or target) in real time
- it can be adjusted to show the boards for right- and lefthadnded players
- during installation the device shows the temperature and humidity at the bowling
- speed sensor can also be purchased
- the device works on the built-in rechargeable battery.
Slow-motion video of device in action
Here is a list of common questions about the BoardBox. If you already have the BoardBox or are planning on purchasing it and haven’t found an answer to your question, feel free to fill out this form and we will answer you as soon as possible.
- What is the BoardBox and what does it do?
- I am not strong in electronics. Will I be able to calibrate and use the BoardBox?
- What is the accuracy of the BoardBox?
- The BoardBox sits close to the gutter and I fear a bowling ball can hit it?
- How long is the battery life on one charge?
- How much time do I need to charge the BoardBox?
- When is the BoardBox available for sale?
- Are there any restrictions for operation of the BoardBox?
- My BoardBox keeps on displaying Board 39 or Wrong Distance?
- My BoardBox shuts off after a few minutes and I have to turn it off and back on?
- My BoardBox is not as accurate past board 20?
- I am trying to use the BoardBox within 15’ of another BoardBox and it is not working?
- I am bowling on lane 1 and the BoardBox is not working properly?
- My ball crossed 3rd arrow but it is showing a 16?
- It keeps on displaying 1 board left of where I think it is rolling?
- I can’t lower the sensor low enough because my capping is higher than normal?
- Q: What is the BoardBox and what does it do?
A: The BoardBox is an electronic self-contained unit with a wide set of various settings. The BoardBox is a small box with sensors, buttons of management and two displays. It is intended for training in ten-pin bowling. The main mission of the BoardBox – display the number of the board on which the ball passes the device in real time. The BoardBox can be placed between a pair of lanes at any distance. Suction cups on the bottom of the device allow it to be placed on the Capping between any pair of lanes. Usually, the device is placed at the Arrows or Breakpoint of a lane. ↑
- Q: I am not strong in electronics. Will I be able to calibrate and use the BoardBox?
A: The BoardBox is very simple and easy to use. There are only 3 buttons for operation and calibration. Before the first use, the BoardBox needs to be calibrated. Calibration process is easy and takes only few minutes. Once calibrated, the BoardBox can be used at the same bowling center without needing additional calibration. If taken to a different center, the BoardBox may need to be calibrated if the distances and heights change. ↑
- Q: What is the accuracy of the BoardBox?
A: The BoardBox uses high quality sensors with only 3 mm (0.12 in) precision. Therefore it is common to speak that the accuracy of the BoardBox is 1 Board when properly calibrated. ↑
- Q: The BoardBox sits close to the gutter and I fear a bowling ball can hit it?
A: No. If a ball goes into the gutter before crossing the BoardBox it will go underneath the sensors and not touch. The BoardBox is designed to be a similar width as the capping so a ball would not hit it from normal bowling. ↑
- Q: How long is the battery life on one charge?
A: The BoardBox is equipped with high capacity Li-Ion rechargeable batteries. Once charged, the device can work about 40 hours. This means that with common usage of (2 hours/3 days a week) it will work more than one month on one charge. The device has a “low battery” indicator on it to let you know when it needs charged. ↑
- Q: How much time do I need to charge the BoardBox?
A: Normal charging time is 6~8 hours. This means you can charge it at night to be ready for use the next day. ↑
- Q: When is the BoardBox available for sale?
A: The BoardBox is in stock and ready to ship anywhere in the world. They can be ordered from many bowling distributors or at the following link: https://shop.jayhawkbowling.com/BoardBox-15-5000-15-5000.htm ↑
- Q: Are there any restrictions for operation of the BoardBox?
A: The BoardBox can be used at any bowling center with normal capping. For a stable and accurate operation of the device it should be placed no less than 5 meters (~16 ft) from walls or columns on its sensor side. With present firmware we can guarantee a very accurate showing of the target area or breakpoint. ↑
- Q: My BoardBox keeps on displaying Board 39 or Wrong Distance?
A: The sensor box needs adjusted to the height of a ball or the BoardBox is not level on the capping. The sensor needs to be 3/4″ to 1″ above the equater of a ball. If readjusting the sensor and box does not work, perform an environment reset. This is similar to calibrating to a ball, but have no ball in front of the BoardBox. Turn off the device, then turn it back on until the board number display is showing on top. Then press and hold the Set button for roughly 5 seconds until the display changes. It will then do an environment reset and you will be able to bowl once this is done. ↑
- Q: My BoardBox shuts off after a few minutes and I have to turn it off and back on?
A: The BoardBox will enter sleep mode after roughly 5 minutes of not seeing a bowling ball. Roll 5-6 balls and it will come out of sleep mode and start reading board locations again. ↑
- Q: My BoardBox is not as accurate past board 20?
A: The BoardBox is designed to be the most accurate on the first 20 boards. This is very common for lefties. Place the sensor on the right side and have the bowler bowl on the right lane so his ball will be rolling closer to the sensor. Also it is suggested to change the Count From direction to LEFT or AUTO. ↑
- Q: I am trying to use the BoardBox within 15’ of another BoardBox and it is not working?
A: The BoardBox sensors are too close to each other and causing interference. They will need to be positioned farther apart to work properly. ↑
- Q: I am bowling on lane 1 and the BoardBox is not working properly?
A: The wall is causing interference with the BoardBox. Try an Environment reset first. If this does not fix the issue, place a box or something on the outside of lane 1 up against the lane in front of the BoardBox. ↑
- Q: My ball crossed 3rd arrow but it is showing a 16?
A: Keep in mind the BoardBox is taking a reading in front of where the sensor is placed. So if it is positioned at 2nd arrow a bowling ball may cross the 16th board in front of the sensor and then roll across 3rd arrow. ↑
- Q: It keeps on displaying 1 board left of where I think it is rolling?
A: If you are unhappy with the readings but they seem to be constant there are a couple options. Recalibrate to a bowling ball but place the ball on the 4th board. Another option is to go through the manual Calibration adjustments. ↑
- Q: I can’t lower the sensor low enough because my capping is higher than normal?
A: First try the sensor at the lowest setting on the capping and see if it senses a ball even if it is quite a bit higher than the equator of the ball. You may have to lower the sensor below the capping into the gutter a bit. This does increase the chance of a bowling ball hitting the sensor so be cautious as this is not covered under the product warranty. Another option would be to move the sensor to the right side of the BoardBox and lower it into the gutter some and bowl on the right lane of a pair for a right handed bowler. This way there is less chance of hitting the sensor but the accuracy of the BoardBox might be less. ↑
- Q: …
A: … ↑
BoardBox Setup Video
First presentation of device, May 2016
Price for the device with power adapter: $599.00*
На территории России и Ближнего зарубежья действует специальная цена 23999.00 РУБ*
You can purchase the device in the USA directly from Jayhawk Bowling Supply:
If you are interested to purchase the device in other country, please fill the form below:
*price is subject of sales tax and shipping cost depending of region of delivery
If you have questions regarding device or want to be a distributer, just fill the form and press “Submit”. We will answer you shortly.